Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 2

If I'm being honest, yesterday was TERRIBLE. I felt like giving up, I was so hungry; especially in the afternoon. I had about 4.5 pints of fruit and veggie juice by 6:00 pm and I felt like it wasn't enough. I felt like I was starving, but I think it was more of a psychological and emotional hunger rather than physical. When Calum got home around 9:00 pm he made me a pineapple juice and I felt much better. I started to get physically hungry again around 10:00 pm but the emotional resistance to the fast had passed at that point and I felt like I could do it.

Calum told me an Air Force quote, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." After hearing that I felt like a baby for practically crying over one day of fasting and I felt a little more motivated.

Well, I'm glad I stuck to it, because the results have been big already. Calum lost 4.2 pounds, and I lost 3.4 pounds.

Gina
Day 1: 139.4 lbs.
Day 2: 136.0 lbs.

Calum
Day 1: 192.4
Day 2: 188.2

We slept for about 9 hours last night and I woke up hungry and thirsty and Calum woke up really low energy. We'll see what the day has to offer, but I feel confident that it will be better than yesterday.

Love and blessings,

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment